Sunday, April 3, 2011

Grow Light!

I finally got a grow light today. I had been looking online for such a long time and couldn't find anything under $30, which didn't include the fluorescent bulbs. I decided to check my new favorite store, Lowe's. I got the light fixture at Lowe's for a little under $10! I got the two, four-foot fluorescent grow light bulbs at Walmart for about $7 each. I also had to buy some extra chains. I don't think that most people have their lights so close to the floor. At first, I only wanted a 2-foot long fixture, but this was the only fixture I could find that had adjustable chains. It also had to support 40-watt bulbs. The 2-foot long bulbs were the same price as the four-foot fluorescent bulbs, so I figured it was okay. I'm glad that I have a 4-foot long fixture now, though! I have tons of plants that need the light. The fixture is in my basement, so I moved lots of plants down there. It looks pretty ghetto, but I think that it will get the job done!
Please ignore the ugly basement background!


Tons of plants!

It looks better under the light, too!

 I also found a website to check your last frost date. For my zip code, it said that I should be safe to start planting outside May 21.

I planted tons of more seeds today, too, since May is just next month! I have planted almost all of the seeds that I have now. It's exciting because I should be seeing lots of sprouts soon!
My cute Callie

4 comments:

  1. You have been busy! I like your new set-up in the basement - I was imagining the light fixture in the main floor bathroom! Frost threat over on May 21? That is an auspicious date! Very impressive project and blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Lowe's is our new favorite store, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised to hear that Jacqueline has forgiven Lowe's for being so nasty about the magically disappearing discount on countertops! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh.... Lowe's, a touchy subject. I'm sure that they are different now. The one here is good! And Mom, I know, May 21! Exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete