Sunday, April 10, 2011

New Sprouts!

Tons of new sprouts today! It always puts me in a good mood finding a new little sprout (and especially finding many!).

Here are my new sprouts:
Jaune Flamme tomato (day 8)

Johnny-Jump-Up (day 7)

Lavender (day 22)

Nasturtium (day 22). A miracle! Hopefully these don't get eaten by Callie this time!


Here some pictures of my old sprouts:
Zinnia (about 5 weeks)

4-leaf poppy (almost 4 weeks)

Lupine (almost 4 weeks)

Lupine close-up


Columbine (about 5 weeks)♠

Yesterday I transplanted my lupine sprouts to different containers because of this...
Fungus!!

Just in case you didn't see it in the first picture...

Lupine roots

Germinated lupine seed that I discovered while repotting the lupines


I am so looking forward to getting all of these sprouts grown up and in my garden! 
The front garden

3 comments:

  1. Is the fungus a serious problem? What will you do about it? Here in Idaho, fungus (and hail, drought, etc.) are all blamed on "big government."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's serious. I actually have some more furry white stuff growing on some other peat pots. I will just move the plants to a new peat pot, and I don't think it will be that bad. I have millions and millions of plants, and the fungus has only grown on a few plants, without seeming to affect those. I don't think it's blamed on "big government" here in West Virginia... but I haven't really lived here long enough to tell, have I?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the close up of the lupine - excellent photography.

    ReplyDelete