Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 7: Sunshine!

The sun finally came out today, which was great for my sprouts. I also found three more zinnia sprouts. I was getting nervous about the other two types of flowers I planted in these two trays, so I looked at the seed packet instructions. The petunias should take 7-12 days to germinate, and the columbine should take 21-28 days to germinate.
Zinnias showing phototropism, bending toward the light

Close-up of a big zinnia sprout with a brand new sprout in the same well
I have to keep an eye on Kiki...

As for the seeds in the bathroom greenhouse, after some online research, I discovered that the nasturtiums should germinate after 10-14 days (maybe I should count Day 1 as the day I moved them BACK to the warm bathroom), delphiniums should germinate after 10-14 days, and portulaca should take one to two weeks. So, hopefully I will be seeing lots of sprouts within the next week!

3 comments:

  1. I like the new post -and the new title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog is great! I'd like to see more input from Callie, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I know, that is a common complaint, Ralph. Callie has not been in the blog yet because she doesn't cause trouble. All she wants to do is look out the windows, and she doesn't bother the plants. Kiki, on the other hand, has eaten half of a big zinnia sprout already...

    ReplyDelete