Sunday, March 27, 2011

Repotting Zinnias

Since the zinnias are growing so quickly and have a while before they will be planted outside, I decided to move them to bigger containers. After some hunting, I found 4 inch diameter peat pots. When the plants are big enough to go outside (and when it is also warm enough), I can plant the peat pots directly in the ground, because they are biodegradable. It will make it much easier to create my zinnia garden, and it will be easier on the plants since I won't have to risk damaging their roots. I found the peat pots at Lowe's, and they were really cheap ($2 for 22 pots). 
Starting the zinnia transfer


The new setup
All of the zinnias. Now how to figure out which are the California Giants and which are the Dreamlands...

Lupine close-up with poppies in the background.
I've also planted more seeds (delphinium and snapdragon), so hopefully I'll have a lot of new sprouts popping up within the next couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures - you should be a photographer. Before long you will have Callie helping you (in a good way). She is watching and learning.

    ReplyDelete